Full Terms and Conditions
Payments, Cancellations and Refunds
Bookings made through our Mindbody Scheduling site are final, no refunds or exchanges can be given, so please be sure of your purchase.
Your mat class or studio session is not confirmed until we have received payment from you. If you choose to pay by cheque or cash, your place is only secure once we have received it and notified you of receipt.
All four-week blocks of True Mat classes, including Pregnancy and Post-natal classes, once booked, are non-refundable, non-changeable and not transferable to another person. We need at least four weeks notice if you wish to terminate your auto payment from our MindBody booking system, this is to ensure that the instructor has enough notice to allocate new participants to the class that have been waiting for a place and allow administration time to deal with the request properly and in time for the forthcoming payment to be dealt with accordingly.
Studio sessions, be they one-off or a block, once purchased, are non-refundable, non-changeable and not transferable to another person.
Payment plans for all sessions are based on a 48-week yearly format instead of 52 week yearly, therefore you are not being charged for the weeks where there are no classes available.
This also applies to those on the four week Conquer Gravity block (£32 a month, same format as above based on a four week block) and to all individual monthly Pilates Studio session fees.
Please note that this does not apply for those who are on a 10 Week Block of Studio Pilates sessions, as they have three months to complete their sessions at their own availability.
If you are unable to attend a session when the classes are available, please ensure that you Early Cancel (no less than 24 hours) or schedule for your next available date.
To download the Free App please use the following link:
Thanks for your great enthusiasm, effort, and support.
These terms are applicable to everyone in all circumstances. Thank you for your understanding.
Drop-in Mat Class Cancellation Policy
Please cancel your drop-in class reservation at least 24 hours before the start of class. Cancellations 24 hours or less from the class start time and no shows are charged for. We are sorry, they cannot be swapped for another class or made up.
If you would like to cancel or modify a reservation or appointment, log in to your account on our Mindbody site and click “Cancel” next to the class you wish to cancel on your schedule.
“Late Cancel” appears when the online cancellation period has passed. If you click on this option it allows another person to register in that availability.
If you need more information, please contact us on: [email protected] or call 07922202968
Studio Appointment Cancellation Policy
Appointments made are not transferable to another person. You can cancel all types of studio appointments up to 24 hours before the appointment and not be charged. After 24 hours, you will be charged for the session. Please use all your blocks/packages of studio appointments within six months (180 days) of their purchase date, when any left over expire.
We supply all the equipment you need, including mats, at our home studio.
For hygiene and comfort reasons, all class participants in all Mat Pilates Classes are required to perform the class bare footed or with non-slippery socks. For the Pilates Studio, non-slippery socks are required before entry into the studio. The Pilates Studio Edinburgh will have Pilates socks on offer to purchase at the studio.
- I understand that my teacher is a qualified and insured Fitness Pilates mat class and Pilates studio teacher Beginners to Advanced.
- I understand that The Pilates Studio Edinburgh is in no way responsible for the safekeeping of my personal belongings while I attend class.
- I will tell the teacher of anything painful / unusual I experience in the class and between classes
- I will stop doing the exercise if I or s/he thinks I need to, or follow the alternatives my teacher gives me.
- I understand my teacher may offer me professional advice relating to my ability to exercise and s/he may consider it unprofessional to continue to teach me if I do not wish to follow that advice.
- I will keep my teacher updated on any changes in my medical condition.
- I understand that all exercise carries a risk and I voluntarily participate in The Pilates Studio Edinburgh classes with full knowledge that there is risk of personal injury, property loss or death. I agree that neither I, my heirs, assigns or legal representatives will sue or make any other claims of any kind whatsoever against The Pilates
- Studio Edinburgh or its members for any personal injury, property damage/loss, or wrongful death, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
- If you are struggling with anything in your class, have any problems or concerns, do please let us know as soon as you can, and we will do our best to help.
- If there are not enough people booked into the class to run it for the term, we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund will be given to to you.
Information published on this web site is provided for the use of its visitors and you are advised that, although care has been taken to ensure technical and factual accuracy, some errors may occur. No guarantee is given of the accuracy or completeness of information on these pages. Please be aware that The Pilates Studio Edinburgh may alter the information on its web site from time to time. The Pilates Studio Edinburgh shall have no liability arising from the use by any party of the information on this web site. The Pilates Studio Edinburgh does not warrant the information on this web site in any way and in particular no warranty is given that the web site or its contents or hypertext links are virus free or uncontaminated. You are advised to make your own virus checks and to implement your own precautions in this respect. The Pilates Studio Edinburgh exclude all liability for contamination or damage caused by any virus or electronic transmission.
Absence and our Courtesy Make-up Class Policy and Holidays
If you are going to be absent from your mat class for more than one week, please let us know, or we will wonder what has happened to you.
We run a courtesy ‘make up class’ policy for our four-week block booked classes, which means that if you are ill, kept at work, or on holiday and miss one of your classes, you can come along to a class of a similar level and make that class up. You can even ‘make up’ a class in advance of you being absent!
Thank you for following this condition.
Pregnant and Post-Natal women, we cannot offer you any definite class to make up in, if you need to miss a class. However if you all let us know in advance if you are going to be away one week on holiday, we can then let someone else make-up in your space that week.
We cannot guarantee there will be a space for you in the class you would like to make up in, but it is always worth a go. Therefore please do get in touch as soon as you know you will have to miss a week’s class. Only very occasionally we do have too many people to fit in.
This is a courtesy arrangement and we ask you only to make use of it if you really need to miss a class. You cannot ‘carry over’ classes you missed into the next term of classes. The policy only applies to the four-week block of classes you miss a class in.